Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I just bought Printshop Pro and installed it and it does NOT…

Customer Question
I just bought Printshop...

I just bought Printshop Pro and installed it and it does NOT open my older projects

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your PaintShop?

Paintshop ? Im talking about Printshop

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Yes to Windows 7 thats why I had to buy this new version

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No WHAT you are going to charge me becayse your software doesnt work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
Is anyone there
11/23/2017
Software technician: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 7 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

now Im getting charged 35$

That's the price you picked for the question.

Do you want to start working with us on the issue?

just tell me if this program is going to open my older projects

Were your old project also saved in Printshop Pro, or was it some other software?

Printshop deluxe version 6

are the files that were saved in Printshop 6 in .PDS format?

Since the *.pds file format is not used in Print Shop 10 or in any newer version of Print Shop, the following steps must be followed in order to Open & Save *.pds files in Print Shop 10 or any newer version of Print Shop:

1. 1. Close all programs and windows and return to the desktop.

2. Open Print Shop®. The program will open to the Project Picker.

3. Close the Project Picker by clicking the X in the upper-right corner of the Project Picker window.

4. Click File and click Open. The Open Project From Disk window will appear.

5. In the Look in: field, click the down arrow button and select the drive containing the project or projects from the previous Print Shop® version. The contents listed in the middle window may change.

6. Click the down arrow in the Files of type: field and select All Files (*.*) from the menu that appears. The contents listed in the middle window may change.

7. Choose from the following to open the project that was created in the earlier version of The Print Shop®:

* If the project files are located on the root directory of the selected drive, double-click the project file name.

* If the project files are located in another directory, navigate to that location and double-click the project file name.

NOTE: For project files created in versions of Print Shop® prior to version 10, some reformatting may be necessary.

8. Change the text, headlines and images as desired.

9. Click File and click Save As. The Save As dialog box will open.

10. In the Save in: field, choose a location where the file is to be saved (e.g., My Documents or C:\Program Files\The Print Shop 20\User00*\Projects). (The * represents an actual number.) The file name should appear in the File name: field. The name can be changed if desired.

11. Click Save to save the file. The updated file from the previous version of Print Shop® will be saved in the new file format.
PDG files it says

You can try steps I sent in previous message

OK it doesnt sound like you think it will work tho

PDG is very old and unpopular format. It may or may not work.

Did you try steps I provided?

According to Corel - this format is no longer supported.

Im trying now

I just checked with Corel and they stated that this format is no longer supported. Sorry.

Well I want my money back
If I have to do all these projects again Ill do them with another software

is there a problem with my answer?

You can use any other software you like. Its your choice. But the software you purchased will not open outdated format

Do you have additional questions?

Like I said If I have to do them all over Ill do it with another software. So do not charge me for this and Ill take it back to the store tomorrow

Like I said - you can use ANY software you like. We do not sell software, we only help with questions and we charge for our help.

I provided you answer to your question.

You and broderbund are running a scam I thought at first I was talking to them

I am not aware who broderbund is.

We are reputable support site and have BBB A+ rating.

Please contact customer service for all billing questions :http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Corel then if I had known it was them I would have known better. I will contest any charges with the credit card company

Like I said, you can contact customer service for full refund.

Doing it now

ok, link again to them is http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us