Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

Suddenly yesterday, Bing began popping up when I click the…

Suddenly yesterday, Bing began popping...
Suddenly yesterday, Bing began popping up when I click the Chrome search icon on my Windows 10 PC. I can't get rid of it. I've tried all the solutions I can find on the internet, but for each, somewhere long the way, the next step provided is not available on my computer. An example is when I click the Chrome icon, then enter "hotmail.com," rather than nav-ing to the hotmail login page the Bing landing page comes up. How can I get rid of it? Thank you.
11/21/2017
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

If you don't want me to remotely connect, that is okay too. Please, let me know how you wish to continue.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

No thank you - I'll just look for your instruction message.

I am offering to do the remote session at no extra cost because the fix should be quick and simple once I am able to analyze the problem.

As it stands, the culprit can be one of many.

In your example, you indicate that you enter 'hotmail.com' and it just shows you the search query for that instead of going to the page. This means that you are typing 'hotmail.com' in the search bar instead of in the address bar. So, click in the address bar instead of the search, type hotmail.com and press enter.

Did that work?

Nope. What's happening is different from your description. I click the google chrome icon in my system tray and am navigated to the google search page. I enter hotmail.com in the address bar and am navigated to the Bing landing page.

May I remotely connect at no extra charge so that I can see this problem in action? That will help me fix this problem for you a lot faster.

That's fine and I would appreciate it. Please tell me how we do that while avoiding the additional charge.

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 63
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, Jason Jones, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For Jason Jones Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Jason Jones, Computer Technician