Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I need to reset computer password, lenovo laptop- up6024ra…

I need to reset...

I need to reset computer password

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Lenovo laptop- up6024ra windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I had to do a reset,then i could not get back in.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Could you let me know what's the email address listed for your Windows account, at the logon screen?

It's not email , I can't get in my conputer

PS: Please ignore any remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me.

Yes; on the computer screen, could you see if you see just an account name (or the email address as well) for your locked account?

This is starting to look like a scam.

I assure you that this is not a scam. Did you get my last two replies on this page?

No.

Again, please ignore any remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue and you will not be charged for the same either.

Now, on the computer screen, could you let me know if you see just an account name (or the email address as well) for your locked account?

Alternatively, will it be okay if I provided you with the steps for carrying out a system reset that will restore your computer back to factory settings and allow you to start over with a new account?

Do let me know; thank you.

I just a new password

Please see my two above replies on this page now; I have been typing up replies one after the other on this page but you are simply NOT seeing them before replying back. Scroll above now, and then let me know.

For the third time, here are my replies:

Please ignore any remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue and you will not be charged for the same either.

Do let me know; thank you.

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Another expert has accepted your remote request and will right with you shortly. Opting out now, thanks.

Please do this when you are back on

At the Windows logon screen, click on the Power icon at the bottom-right and then HOLD down the Shift key on your keyboard and click "Restart." (while still holding the key.)

Next, a "Choose an option" window will come up - click Troubleshoot > RESET THIS PC.

Next, click REMOVE EVERYTHING, and then click JUST REMOVE MY FILES.

After the system reset is complete, you will be able to start over with a new Windows account itself.

Do keep me posted; thank you.

Bryan,it is resetting

No problem; do keep me posted if you run into any other issues. And I'll request a refund for the remote offer you accepted earlier, since we did not need to set up a remote session. Thanks,

Thank you!