Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am running Win10 1607 and have recently had an IT guru…

I am running Win10...

I am running Win10 1607 and have recently had an IT guru working on my PC. She used Administrator:X:\windows\system32\ and now the PC will not run Win10. I am currently in CMD at X:\Sources> How do I get out of this and back to the installed version of Win10

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

I am not a trained IT guy but I have been using PCs since 1986 so I hope I have learnt a bit and I have been using this machine from new. The guru was trying to load Win10 1709 but the machine just will not accept it. The PC as a Lenovo unit and it runs Win 10 1607 no problem. Also, when the guru returned the PC yesterday it booted up perfectly and ran until 9.00pm last night no problem. System was then shut down and when restarted this morning I got a screen telling me to install Win10 but it failed

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Lenovo? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About 3 years ago and it has plenty of RAM (8gb)and a new 1tb SSD drive. I cannot troubleshoot because I cannot get out of this Administrator thing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No I do not think so untless you need more info

11/18/2017
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Just a moment while I review your question.

Thanks.

Since the computer is booting into drive X:, that sounds like the computer may be booting from a USB drive or CD/DVD disc. Please check the computer USB ports (some USB drives are very small) and also the CD/DVD drive (if one is installed) and remove any install media then try booting the computer again and let me know the result.

syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer