Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have been a Quark user for many years. I just moved to a…

I have been a...

I have been a Quark user for many years. I just moved to a new Dell XPS computer. I had a version of Quark on my own computer, and I did not move it over to the new one. Can I download Quark to my new computer? I think I was working with a 9 point something version. Unfortunately I don't have my Quark account info. My name is***** and my business is Brotherstone Publishers. The business address I was using at the time I bought Quark 9. was 9 N. Union Street, Elgin, IL 60123. The phone number was(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?

XPS 15. and I am using Window 10.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Do you mean Quark updates?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have not installed Quark updates. That's if.

11/16/2017
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

It's not something that is happening. Did you read my description? I have a new laptop and did not transfer my version of Quark over from the old laptop. I want to know if Quark will allow me to download the version I had onto my new computer.

In terms of licence, yes, that's OK.

You would also need to migrate the data file also.

Is the source Win 7 or win 10?

I notice your dest is win 10

The date has already been transferred. I just need to get Quark on my new computer.

OK - did you purchase it online?

If so, sign in and reinstall the program, there will be a link in the online portal.

Then just point the install to the existing data.

Okay. Thanks.

Any more questions, I wil leave this open, be glad to help you...

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager