Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Since last night's Microsoft update, our company's Epson…

Since last night's Microsoft...

Since last night's Microsoft update, our company's Epson LQ-590 ESC/P 2, Version 2.0 (2.0 cable USB) printers *no* longer word (both in CA and ID). We're loosing capital very hour that this problem is not resolved; frustrating. What's the solution, quickly.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

3 computers are Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate.... and are not networked.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your computer?

HPs slimlines

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Hps? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We've downloaded the newest printer drivers......checked all cable cords, switched out printers from one computer to another. My Epson does not interface with the computer here in Idaho either and won't print from any software (MSPub or QuickBooks Pro 2018). The only difference between yesterday when the printers worked and today is the Microsoft update last night.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

This is costing my company (Corp) a great deal of money each hour.

11/16/2017
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since last night's Microsoft update. Today none of our company's printers, Epson, are working today in two different states.

OK - what error does it give you when you try and print?

There are no *error* codes displayed

Does the jobs spool?

The jobs stay in Queue and they just do not print

This would require a further look (connection)

If you do not wish to accept this, I could suggest updating the drivers.

I downloaded the newest Epson drivers...........this is a MS problems with the Epson..... Yes, connect.

Okay please accept the connection proposal on your screen

proposal on screen, where on screen?

The offer is on your screen with the cost of the remote service.

Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager
Kris, please advise with regard to remote sessioning

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

INTALLING NOW

OK great.

My ID: 300 415 913
Password: 9965
What now?

I am on another PC. Will be clear in 5 minutes.

okay

Connected

Kris......this process of uninstalling the Microsoft current update 11-16-2017 was lengthy....1hr+++ to do and I tried printing an invoice in QuickBooks; it still did not print. Now what?

Can you try it after a reboot please?

This uninstalling did not fix the problem of printing with the Epson LQ-590 printer from the company computers. ..yes, I tried after the restart was finished. I can restart again????

Yes please at least one after the removal

Okay, then.....here it goes again. ;)

Let me know

Okay....still does not print.........
Did you uninstall all of the Microsoft updates of recent (11-16-17)????
When I access the Control Panel, Program and Features, where did you go to find the MS updates?????
Are you still there????

Hi

Can we arrange a time to look at this?

Thanks Kris, I took care of this problem myself on November 16. Microsoft was contacted three times and they would transfer me to someone else, and each time I was disconnected. I called Epson and they wanted me to restore my entire system.....oh no! So, I online researched at this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/epson-printer-stops-working-on-windows-7-after/75d91d75-655c-4563-bedf-5c89e27444c1?auth=1 ......and it did explain the problem. So I went to Control Panel-->Windows Updates-->View Update History-->(viewed the KB4048957 file in the listing)-->Installed Updates-->(selected/highlighted the KB4048957 file)-->Uninstalled this file-->(this uninstall "Preparing to configure Windows. Do not turn off your computer" took 1.5 hrs!!!)-->went back to Windows Update in Control Panel "Change settings"--> changed to "Ask to download updates, but let me choose whether to install them", OK--> then, Rebooted / Restarted my computer. I repeated this procedure via LOG-ME-IN on another Corporate computer out-of-state with good results but was an extremely timely process. This uninstall did the trick; my Epson LQ-590 ESC/P 2 printer now interfaces with my computer and does now print.........a God sent because my company was, literally, at a stand-still and loosing thousands of dollars each hour!!!!! Carol Joelee Magazino, CFO for National Pest Control, Inc.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/epson-printer-stops-working-on-windows-7-after/75d91d75-655c-4563-bedf-5c89e27444c1?auth=1

OK great thanks