Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am getting hit with an update system that won't go away.

I am getting hit...

I am getting hit with an update system that won't go away. "They" , you're contractor screwed with my computer about six months ago and basically extorted me into a $200. "fix it" process and then assigned me a My Tech for as long as I own the computer. It was a do it or junk the computer. So what I am saying is that I WANT is this Square with an arrow gone and any contract with this MY TECH @ 1-***-***-**** to go away. If I don't get a resolution to the matter with or without your help I am contacting our Attorney Generals Office in Missouri. I will add that they have a special section to advocate senior citizens in matters like this! And yes I am pissed off...

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Its a Dell Studio laptop.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No I try to avoid them because I am not computer savvy enough to know what's good bad or helpful. I've got a good education but this stuff is beyond me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Geez I don't know... I can only answer pretty simple questions. I'm 70 yo and on a morhine based drug that slows my mind down and comprehension is about 10% tops.

11/16/2017
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Sounds like you were a victim of a Microsoft tech support scam. I can assure you these scammers having nothing to do with microsoft or any legitimate company they may have mentioned. It is a very common scam and a lot of people get fooled by it. Now where are you seeing this square with an arrow?

Thank GOD I finally got someone but I had to go to the contact us to get the response the symbol is two squares offset to the lower right and the arrow is pointing from the bottom left to the top right in the boxes image.
Where did you go, I've been on you're site for about 2 1/2 hrs. Was just about ready to shut it down...
Chris I cannot sit here any longer I will have to get back on the site tomorrow afternoon. I will try to make a PP Image and send it to a tech.

Sorry I just received your reply now. Did you want me to remote in and get rid of the symbol with the two squares now?

Chris L., Support Specialist

It looks like there was some delay with your reply coming through to me. I will be online tomorrow so just send me a message on this page and I can remote in and fix the issue. I will be available from around 9am to 5pm est.