Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have been contacted by microsoft. they want me to pay $399…

Customer Question
I have been contacted...

I have been contacted by microsoft. they want me to pay $399 to have tiny banker trojan virus fixed

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have had this computer for 13 years. i just received new hardware last week from Spectrum TWC - modem and router

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

They are recommending a level 9 technician

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
11/13/2017
Software technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Whoever contacted you was not from microsoft and they are setting you up to scam you. Your computer does not have a virus.

These scams are well known and if you google microsoft tech support scam you will find many results about this. If these people contact you again simply hang up. No legitimate tech support company will ever contact you first. Also if you see a pop up online that says you have a virus and shows a phone number to call this is also a scam.

If you need more help let me know. If you are finished for now you need to rate my service by clicking 3 or more of the stars above.