Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I’m needing some help with a plugin called Formcraft 3. I…

Customer Question
Hi, I’m needing some help with...
I’m needing some help with a plugin called Formcraft 3. I use it on a clients website for extensive insurance claim forms. However I would like the form data to be saved to a database on a separate domain with specific user access as the content we are collecting is confidential. The plugin documentation covers support for ‘Sending Data to a Custom URL’ seen here: http://formcraft-wp.com/help/send-data-to-custom-url/
however this only populates a txt file on the custom URL and so I would like some help writing the code to get it to connect to the sql database on the secured domain.One of the forms can be found here:
http://www.redsealresources.co.uk/motor-trade-accident-statement-of-fact/
You can see the extent of the form….I would like the form data to be sent to :
http://www.intranet.redsealclaims.com/ on their database, as this is a secured domain and will (when this is done) be ring fenced to our IP address.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
10/19/2017
Software technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 4 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Linux or windows?

What do you mean how long has this been happening? Its configured to add to the database on redsealresources ever since it was set up about a year ago. All i want to do is change it to submit the form data to the database on redsealclaims.I believe my hosts are Linux. Websites are WordPress.

OK there is a few options here we can do:

1. Submit the form in the .txt format to the secure website and have a script every minute imort the data into a SQL db (easiest)
  2. Actually change the form to submit directly to the other DB. This would take the longest and would mean opening up your SQL database on the secure site

Are you just looking for the data to be imported into SQL and left?

I think we should try the easiest one first. If its not working well then try the second option?
The second option would certainly be a lot more secure as we wouldn't have confidential information lying around in a txt file, unless once its imported into the sql db its then removed from the txt file?

Yes that would be the idea.

Does it currently post local or to a remote site?

currently everything is kept within redsealresources

OK. Just make you aware also opening up your intranet is probably against many security policies but i can assist this way

The intranet is not currently restricted on IP

It would be best to leavethem in .txt on the unscure and get the secure to read it every x minutes and delete the files once imported

That's what I am thinking..

hmmmm. Sounds vulnerable

What you are proposing is allowing the unsecure server write to the secure.

If the unsecure one is compromised, they have full access to the secure one..

This way is the best in terms of security.

True

Let me know the way you want to handle this and I can connect in and have a look..

One thing you should be aware of before continuing is I also have the form upload attachments, these will also need to be uploaded to the secure site - is this also something you can do?

Yes, how are you handling the data once uploaded, just leaving it in a DB?

I will set up employees to have access to it on the intranet using this plugin https://wpdatatables.comCurrently files are uploaded to http://www.redsealresources.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/formcraft3/

Were does the attachments post to it's own folder?

Always here: http://www.redsealresources.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/formcraft3/*Form-ID*/*Attachment ID*

I am going to opt out so another expert can assist, you will be emailed

Ah great.
Can anyone pick this up? Its now been over 24 hours....
Software technician: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 4 months ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Hi, you would like assistance with writing a script which would automate for a database?

please that would be useful
 replied 4 months ago

Ok, in this case I will opt out as I do not do script writing.

Ok

Hi

Can you give me some info?

Thanks

Kris

That’s a bit vague. What info do you need?
I have been messed around for a long time considering I put this as an urgent request....

Going to opt out so another expert can assist you more quickly.

Wow. For a third time?!
Please may you refund me the £32.39 for the remote connection that no one ended up doing? And the £46 for the “expert” help that I haven’t received.
And the £3 deposit please.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist