Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

SPOTIFY PREMIUM QUESTION: When playing a list of songs or a…

Customer Question
SPOTIFY PREMIUM QUESTION: When playing...
SPOTIFY PREMIUM QUESTION: When playing a list of songs or a playlist, how can I tell spotify to pause between songs? I want to pause between 20 and 60 seconds between the songs being played.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
10/14/2017
Software technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

What are you listening to spotify on?

A Dell 5810 Workstation desktop loaded. Brand new. I also use Audacity.

The only way to get a gap in between songs would be to create a local blank audio file, import it into spotify, and have it play in between every song

I am the furthest thing from an expert on spotify or audacity. I am sure I can create a 20 second wav of quiet and a 20 second mp3 of quiet, however I need to know specifically step by step how to do it. I barely know how to create a playlist. I'd ask spotify but customer service at that company is the very least of their concerns. If it doesn't fatten their wallet they simply do not care. I am fairly certain that for their programmers to create an optional pause that would be automatically inserted would be quite simple for them to do.
Hello?? It sure would be nice to get my answer from you.

Hi sorry for the delay as I am not in the office on Sundays. I can create a 20 second long blank track for you and send it. After that I can walk you through importing the track to Spotify. Does that sound good?

Initially it sounds super. But, let me clarify what you are going to do here. You will create a 30 second track in "Spotify Format" if there is such a thing. Then every time I create a playlist no matter if it is 5 songs or 40 songs, that I manually insert the 30 second gap between each of the selected songs. Correct? Note: there were at least 20 requests I saw online from subscribers to spotify for the same exact thing, but evidently spotafry could not care less about customer requests.

That is correct, you would have to insert it in between each song in the playlist. I believe there used to be a feature in Spotify that allowed one to have a gap, but they replaced it with "cross fade" for some odd reason.

I am here if you want to do it now

Here is the blank audio track. Let me know when you have it downloaded

I must apologize for not continuing when we had planned on doing it. My neighbor called frantically saying he had a field fire and needed my help before the fire department came. So that is why I did not return as planned. I DO have the 30 second pause downloaded.

That is quite alright. Sorry for the delay as I was not in the office yesterday, please let me know when you are ready

John Lohr
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer