Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

The failure of Outlook 2017 to sync with iCloud returned…

Customer Question
The failure of Outlook 2017...
The failure of Outlook 2017 to sync with iCloud returned after you fixed it in Norton Security suite on 9/26/17. Can you tell me what setting to change in NSS to allow iCloud sync with Outlook 2017?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
10/12/2017
Software technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I am back on line
I paid for a remote fix about two weeks ago. I do not want to pay again for the same problem.
Software technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

That's an automatically generated message. You can ignore it if you don't want.

I have several computers that do not have the problem of Outlook 2016 not syncing with iCloud. they automatically sync without a problem. This one desktop, running the same fully updates Win 10, Outlook 2016 and iCloud does not sync. I had Norton check it out and they totally disabled Norton and it still did not sync. So maybe it is not a Norton problem, which is how the Just Answer tech got it to sync a couple of weeks ago. He changed some firewall restriction in Norton. clearly, some setting in the software on the machine is preventing Outlook 2016 from connecting to iCloud to upload and download any changes. If I sign ut from iCloud entirely (in iCloud settings window) and then sign in again and let iCloud set up iCloud in Outlook, I get the current date that is in iCloud, but it still does not sync after that.
Software technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Thank you,Larry.

Let me check and let you know.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Software technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Am not sure what the troubleshooting that was done previously on your computer by taking remote.

So let me opt out of this question, so some other technician could take care of it from here.

Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am really sorry you having all this problems let see if we can get this fix for you. Do you use a Mac or windows?? Also what error do you get when attempt to sync ?? Just for your info After installing June 13, 2017 security updates syncing Microsoft Outlook with an iCloud account is no longer possible. Independently of the Outlook version, it’s no more possible to access iCloud contacts or calendar appointments

Waiting for your feedback.

Win 10 with all updates. Office 365 with all updates. No error. Outlook 2016 with all updates just does not send new appointments up to iCloud nor does it go out and retrieve changes from iCloud. My other 5 PC's do sync with iCloud even with the June 13 updates.

Thanks for this feedback can you pull the log file for me on this machine please.??

Waiting for your feedback