Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I need a new cell phone. Mine is al but useless to me. I…

Customer Question
quot;For Josh" Hi Josh,I need a...
quot;For Josh"
Hi Josh,I need a new cell phone. Mine is al but useless to me. I want something simple, reliable, and relatively cheap. I am disabled and have problems with my hands, like holding a phone is a bit of a challenge and small keys are somewhat of a problem. I do some texting and would like it if I had web access. A camera is convienient but it doesn't have to be fancy. I don't give a #$%^ about games or social networks, or anything cute, neat and miss me with the sensationalism stuff! I just want something to keep connected and simple communication, and on the go note/record keeping. I don't need anything "fun" from my phone, if you know what I mean! As q matter of fact, it would be worth more to not have those apps and features crowding up my phone. Ithink they waste space and resources and present more possibilities for malfunction.
Now, here's the thing, I'm looking foe a replacement for one that comes free with my free Assurance wireless service that is actually through Virgin Mobile. I believe there is a limited list of devices that are supported by my service.
What information would you need from me to help me pick the best one for me?
Oh, I wouldn't mind if it had a decent sound system, but it's not neccessary.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/12/2017
Software technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Hi Roy,

Thank you for requesting me.

Do you have a list of the available phones?

I can send a link to the list.
please.
I don't think there is a link to the page. It's actually a loing page with maybe about 80 differernt cell phones that I think are akll the phones compatible with assurance wireless and virgin mobile, not just my plan. There are probablly only a handful of cell phones that will work with my plan.
BTW, I'm sorry it takes me so long sometimes to get free time to get back to you.
I'll try to get a list from the support on the virginmobile website.

Take your time

Well, I'm back finally!I asked Assurance Wirelees support what phones are compatible and where I could find them. I'm still waiting for a reply.
I went ahead and asked the Virgin Mobile Community online and this is the best answer I could get. It's a list from an answered post that's a few months old, but it should be reasonably accurate. I'll try and double check with the Support if I find one I like before I actually buy one.I have had these 2 phones already, so you don't need to check them out.1. kyocera jax (worked but pretty cheap)
2. Samsung Montage (Okay,but would like something a little nicer)Here's the list.Let me know what you think.
*****************************************************************************************Feature Phones
----------------------- Alcatel One Touch Cinch- Kyocera Jax- Kyocera Jax S1360- Kyocera Loft- LG200Virgin Mobile Compatible
----------------------------------- Alcatel One Touch Retro- Kyocera Brio- Kyocera Contact- Kyocera Kona- LG 101- LG Aspire- Samsung M340- Samsung M575- Samsung Entro- Samsung Montage- Kyocera S2100- Kyocera Clip- Kyocera Luno- Kyocera S2300

On that list, the LG200 has a keyboard and allows the things that you need.

I can't find any LG 200 phones for sale.
I can't find any LG 200 phones for sale. Are there any touch screen phones on the list? What about the Kyocera JAX 1360?I know its not a touch screen, but what do you think brsides that?

The JAX is a basic phone that would do the trick.

Sorry, I didn't realize the LG200s are difficult to find for sale and I do not see any touch screens on the list.

I think I need to dig a little deeper into virginmobile/assurancewirelwss. The phone that they gave me with the service is a touch screen. Actually it WAS a touch screen. It stated out decent enough, but it started acting up right away. And it got worse, and worse, every day. I accidentally touched it a little too hard.
The smart phone got really stupid. Then, when I tried to "SwapPhones" on line, it wouldn't let me. It just kept giving me a blank pop-up window with only an x in the top right to close the window.
Is there anything you can think of that would be causing that? Even if I do buy a new phone, I won't be able to switch phones. Unless I call by phone, which can take hours beore you even talk to a person.
What do you suggest?
Software technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago

It should never take hours to even speak to someone over the phone. What number are you calling?