Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I purchased a new Dell computer last week from Best Buy, and…

Customer Question
I purchased a new...

I purchased a new Dell computer last week from Best Buy, and the microsoft program that backups my data was installed that came with it. It backed up the day it was installed, but not since then. It is set to back up every hour. My tech looked at it yesterday, and did not know why it was not doing what it should. Please help. Thank you, *****: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Inspiron 3668

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The computer was just set up 4 days ago.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/7/2017
Software technician: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What program are you referring to that you use as a backup?

Normally the computer can be set to back up at a particular time, but the dates will be in your

recovery menu. It will show you the last back up it did in there.

Please clarify with detail what you need done today.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10

I do not want to go to a remote. I just need you to tell me what to do.

That is automated. Please ignore if you do not need it. The system puts it out, not your tech.

Please tell me how to correct the problem. I do not want to go to remote.

It is Windows 10

Microsoft came with the computer, also Windows Defender and Windows 10 for backup
Are you still there? Can you tell me why my back up that came with the Dell is not working?

How do you know it isn't backing up? where are you looking for the backup at?

Those things built in is an antivirus you are referring too.

You can use this as your backup, but i do not advise putting full faith in it.

Go here to ensure it is enabled to backup:

https://www.technorms.com/46274/windows-10-guide-windows-defender

Look at the bottom of that page. Do you see the 'exclusion' portion? You manually have to add

somethings. I do not recommend defender for your backups.

You should create restore points instead. They are extremely reliable if anything

goes wrong and you have to 'reset' your pc to a previous date.

do you know how to do this?

Yes, i am still here. I had to put that together for you.

I cannot tell you what is wrong without seeing it. It can be many many different things.

But, again, i do not recommend using that as a backup. It isnt really designed for full protection.

I usually run hitman pro for deep scans once a week, keep defender on and create solid restore points

for backups. You can also use external devices to do this.

Please advise.

Please do not charge me anymore. I think something just appeared you would. I don't know how to do what you are requesting. I will have to get help or another program. Thank you.

Ok. Please go here for a refund.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0