Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My seagate external drive makes a clicking noise and then…

Customer Question
My seagate external drive...

My seagate external drive makes a clicking noise and then shuts down

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

H p

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want it to work

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Software
10/6/2017
Software technician: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 10 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

The clicking noise inside the hard drive means failure of the reading head in the drive.

This means drive is bad and needs to be replaced.

If you need to fix it, you need to contact either manufacturer or company like DriveSavers who recovers drives data

Let me know if you have additional questions

didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?