Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Microsoft edge isn't working on my laptop this morning. It's…

Customer Question
Microsoft edge isn't working...

Microsoft edge isn't working on my laptop this morning

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

It's an HP laptop. i don't know the exact model. I'm not very tech savvy. what do you mean by operating system.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No. I only install updates when the system tells me to.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I use Microsoft every day, several times during the day and this is the first time it has not worked.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
10/4/2017
Software technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 8 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

What do you mean by not working? Does it open up?

It opens but no matter what website i try to go to it says can't reach this page.

Do you have another web browser to test and make sure Internet is working?

I'm using the other browser. And I checked using my phone with my home wifi and my phone's data turned off.
Are you still there? I have never used this service before. I'm not sure of the process.
Are you still there?
Why are you not responding?
This is not satisfactory. If you are not going to help I want my money back. I do not want to pay $58 (Cdn $63) for nothing.
Since you are not responding and I feel I have gotten nothing for my money I requested a new support specialist.
What is going on? Why are you not responding? Is this a scam?
Software technician: William Harder, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
William Harder
William Harder, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. I will be working with you going forward. Please go to the start menu and type in services

Once in services, look for DNS Client. Right click on the service and click on "start".

If this resolves the issue, double click the service and set the start to Automatic.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. This should resolve your request. Also, please provide a

positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.

Thanks,
Will

do you need help with this still?