Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a dell inspiron13-7353 and I turned on my computer…

Customer Question
I have a dell...

I have a dell inspiron13-7353 and I turned on my computer and got a supportassist screen stating that no bootable device found

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Dell?

Inspiron 13-7353 reg. model p57g

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

6 months ago I haven't tried anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Software technician: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. First, check to make sure you do not have a USB flash drive plugged in or a disc in the CD/DVD drive if you have one. Let me know please.

Nothing is plugged

Does your laptop have a removable battery?

No
SATA operation is also set to AHCI mode.

Okay. Power it off then back on and hold the F8 key as it is starting up. You'll be met with a list of options. Click on Dell Factory Image Restore, followed by Next. Then click the Yes checkbox next to the reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition option. Click Next again to begin the factory restore.

Okay try this. Restart the computer & tap F2 to get into bios, press F9 to set bios to defaults & then F10 to save & exit.

Ok my laptop doesn't even turn on anymore

Press and hold the power button and make sure it is plugged in to the AC adapter.

Nothing happens. It does not turn on

Did this happen after you reset the BIOS?

The reset should not have caused it to go completely dead. I can provide you with instructions to disconnect the battery which should reset it if you would like to try that?

If you would like to try disconnecting the battery, go to this LINK. When you have the battery disconnected, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds then reconnect the battery and see if it will restart. Let me know how you come out please.

Thank you for your time but i don't want to do anything further as i might mess it up more. I'm going to take the laptop in to a specialist.

Okay. Before you do that you might want to check the warranty to see if it is still active. You may be able to have it repaired or replaced at no cost?