Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Issue is with skype on my iphone 7 Have used Skype for Skype…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Issue is...

Second opinion] Issue is with skype on my iphone 7 Have used Skype for Skype video calls in the past. Have a $32 credit If I call a number ( not via wifi) the video button is not available It has been in the past. Also when attempting a video call Free on skype via WIFI, it immediately goes to call failed. I have Skype version 8.7.8.595578 Thank you !!

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technicians require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?

I have connectivity

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not for Skype as I have 8.7.0 which appears to be most recent Should I reinstall?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That should do it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Software
10/4/2017
Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 10 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Please look at this setting .

1. Update Skype into the latest version firstly;
2. Open Skype and tap Preferences;
3. Tap Calls and click "Show current calls when Skype is in the background";
4. Start a video call, when the call is in progress, switch away from Skype to see call small window;
5. Click to reveal in coming video when a small icon shows up.
The icon is visible only when your caller start video call.

Waiting for your feedback or a rating

Hello hope you well today just follow-up to see if you need more help on this problem.

Please get back to me or take the time to rate the service please.

Hello hope you well today just follow-up to see if you need more help on this problem

Hello Again just follow-up to see if you more info??