Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have Netgear Genie. It no longer recognizes my router.

Customer Question
However, the app allows me...
i have Netgear Genie. It no longer recognizes my router. However, the app allows me in and shows my network. BUT - my router doesn't show in the connect section. Can't use routerlogin.com because it says my router isn't connected my computer. It all started when Genie notified me to update new security fix.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Software
My email is out due to Outlook server issue. Not my day for sure...
9/29/2017
Software technician: Karthik, Computer Technician replied 10 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. May I know how long you are facing this problem?

Since this morning. By the way..your reply is blurry,

I am sorry for that, May I know the make and model of the router?

Netgear WNR2500. Can you fix the typing..I can barely make out what you're saying.

I apologize for that, Are you able to go online from your wireless router?

I am on PC. However, my laptop has no connection.

As per my understanding, you able to go online in the hardwired PC and not in the wireless laptop, is it right?

As I said, Netgear Genie doesn't even list my account.

I understand, May I know in which computer you have installed the Netgear Genie? Is it in the Hardwired PC or wireless Laptop?

hardwired. Genie says I can't connect until i log in but i can't login because login says I'm not connected.
any ideas?
Are you familiar with Netgear's app?

Yes, I would like to know the light status of the netgear router?

Far left 2 lights. Light on under 5 Light on showing router on
Sorry...3rd light is under 4 - not 5

Okay I got it, Now Open any browser in the computer. In the address box type 192.168.1.1 press the enter key in the keyboard.

Please let me know what you see in the computer screen.

192 168 1.1 Is that right.

Yes, that is right and it is the default gateway and default IP address for your router.

did I get the period/spacing correct?

Let me make it clear, it is 192.168.1.1 and there is no space in between those number.

It says this is gateway login. asks for user name and password

username: admin

Password: password

That's admin...password Correct?
I'll try it.

Yes.

I've opened login. Genie home page says warning wifi off. The advanced page says wireless radio is off. should it be enabled?

Yes, you need to enable to wifi.

Drop down says.....DWPS process is in progress, please apply the changes later. what's that?
WPS
By the way...the download Netgear said to use to fix security problem is corrupted.

WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. It is a wireless network security standard that tries to make connections between a router and wireless devices faster and easier

I can't see whether this fix will help until they finish update?
I wonder how the enable got turned off. was working fine until I tried security download.

It might be some power outage happen without your knowledge, it might reset the router to factory default settings. So by default the wifi will be turned off.

Could you tell me, What do you see in the PC screen?

OK sounds reasonable. I'll wait. If it continues I'll be back. Thank you for your assistance.

You are welcome, Its my pleasure assisting you.

You mean the login screen...
Enable Wireless Router Radio
Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence
Fragmentation Length (256-2346)
2346
CTS/RTS Threshold (1-2347)
2347
Preamble Mode
Transmit Power Control
Turn off wireless signal by schedule
The wireless signal is scheduled to turn off during the following time period:
Period Start End Recurrence Pattern
Add a new period Edit DeleteWPS Settings
Router's PIN: 20380960
Enable Router's PIN
To prevent PIN compromise, auto disable the PIN after
3
failed PIN connections, until router reboots.
In auto disabled mode, router's WPS LED will keep blinking slowly
Keep Existing Wireless Settings

I am sorry for the delay, I verifying those information. Is it possible to take a screenshot and attach the image in the chat window?

Sorry for the delay and now please close all the screen in the desktop computer and check whether you are able to go online with your wireless laptop? Check whether the Netgear genie is working properly in the desktop?