Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Stuck on pick a language page. Have attempted numerous fixes…

Customer Question
Stuck on pick a...

Stuck on pick a language page. Have attempted numerous fixes and back to pick a language screen. Did a repair and a long (12+hrs) diagnostics. All came back passing. Have a Cell Inspiron

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Dell Inspiron Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased about 4 or 5 years ago. Light use. Email and games. Tried diagnostics which took over 12 hours. Touch screen working but not when it looks back to the pic a language screen. Did get a 00142 error at one point.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Also was getting ofoo:133c code

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Software
9/28/2017
Software technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 10 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since I have paid for your assistance I should answer you. Didn’t know this went thru! Anyway. I have a Dell Inspiron 2305. Purchased new with no modification about 4 years ago. When turn on. I get a blue screen that is stuck on “Choose a language”. Nothing else work...Not keyboard nor the mouse nor the arrow keys. I have gotten into the system by turning on and hitting F8 key repeatedly. I ran a diagnostic that ,Iswesr, too over 12 hours to complete! Nothing has worked. I first changed out the keyboard. Did nothing. Then the mouse was switched. Did nothing. From what I read it may need a new hard drive? I “think” I vaguely remember trying to keep from upgrading to Windows 8. I believe this is what caused the freeze. Help!

Is this a new PC? It sounds like it is being re-built?

Does this make sense

No. It was purchased new from Dell 4 or so years ago.
Please read my first reply it answers most of your questions
Are you there?are you there?
i want a new Expert. Please opt out