Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I removed a software program from a laptop with windows 7…

Customer Question
Hi, I removed a software...
Hi, I removed a software program from a laptop with windows 7 seven months ago. Also I deleted some audio files at the same time. Is there a way to recover the software program or the audio files?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Software
9/28/2017
Software technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 10 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

It is unlikely that you will be able to recover these items.

Regarding the software program, the only possibility would be if you by chance have a system restore point that was set before you removed the program. System restore is a tool that will roll your system back to a previous configuration.

To see if you have a restore point from that time, you can hold down the Windows Key on your keyboard (two keys to the left of the spacebar) and press the R key. This will bring up your Run box in the lower left corner. In the box type in RSTRUI and press OK. This will launch the System Restore program. Just work through the program and it will bring you to a screen that shows your available restore points. If by chance you have one that goes back that far, you can select it and it will restore your system to that configuation.

Regarding your audio files, the only possibility of recovery would be to go into your Recycle Bin on your desktop and see if the files are still available in your recycle bin to be restored. If not, I'm afraid they have been deleted permanently.

I will you luck with recovering your items. If you have any further questions on this, just let me know.

NOTE: Before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.