Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Windows 10: What command can be added to force a program to…

Customer Question
Windows 10: What command can be...
Windows 10:
What command can be added to force a program to go to full screen? I'm not referring to maximized.Once the program is opened, it is already maximized but you must press F11 to toggle to or from full screen. I have tried this: "C:\Program Files\WhateverProgram.exe" /fullscreen and it doesn't do anything.How can I open "C:\Program Files\WhateverProgram.exe" and then add something so it sends the command for F11 ?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
9/26/2017
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I understand your question. It is on Windows 10, you want the F11-type full-screen mode with no Title Bar at top, to come up when a program is started/opened/double-clicked on. Let me research this for a time and I will get back to you with results... (I suspect there may be no way to get this to work, or it requires something more than a paramater added to the command line that starts the program.)

Try this: right-click on the program's shortcut or icon, choose Properties, go to the

Shortcut tab, if it is not already on that tab, then

click to open the 'Run:' dialog's choices, and choose Maximized.

Click on OK to save the changed setting.

That should maximize the window when the program is opened with that shortcut. If opened with another shortcut, that won't happen.

Also: if you want a full-screen with no title-bar, that's different. You would need either fancy Javascript programming, or even fancier C++ programming done. Let me know if you're still interested in this, and I will advise you further.

I know how to make it maximized but after it is open I have to hit F11 to make it full screen. If I just had a way to automate F11 after the program started. I tried my own version of a .bat file where I tried a wait and then send F11 but didn't know the correct syntax I guess because it didn't work. If it's too difficult I will just live with it as is.

This code works in Firefox or other web browsers, and 'does' the equivalent of an F11:

http://wikisend.com/download/741228/JavascriptFullScreenF11code.txt

which if in a 'custom home page' stored on the hard drive, with the browser program set to go to that Home page when it opens, and with that custom home page an HTML page with that Javascript code in it, will cause the browser window to open to that page, pause a moment, then F11-style Full Screen too.

Does this answer your question?

Maybe but I don't know how to make my specific program use it.

What's the specific program, then? maybe there's a way and I can guide you to it.

I tried this code but it didn't work but you can find the path to the program here:@echo offrem VMSMonitorcd "C:\Program Files\Ganz CORTROL\Ganz CORTROL Server\"start VMSMonitor.exe
sleep 2Send {SC126 down}
Send {F11}
Send {SC126 up}

The VMSMonitor.exe for Ganz Cortrol Server, understood.

Look in the same directory as the VMSMonitor.exe program. Does it have a

.OSD

file in the same directory?

The file types I see are .tlb, .dll, .manifest, .exe

Then that's not a possible way to full-screen the program.

Lastly: since there is a JavaScript way to F11-full-screen, is there any way to load VMSMonitor.exe in a web browser, where a Javascript may be run on it? I would not think so, I really doubt it, but it is a possible way toward the objective you wish to achieve.

The other way that comes to mind is, a keystroke macro instead of a simple shortcut/link to open the program. Have the keystroke macro open the program, then apply an F11 keystroke to full-screen it. Does that sound feasible to you, allowable, etc.? if so, I will seek a macro system for you to use on your computer (assuming it is a Windows computer.)