Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Desktop does not…

Customer Question
Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013...
Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Desktop does not load on my windows 10 computer. It flashed once and nothing appeared. No success even after trying everything stated at https://superuser.com/questions/742762/microsoft-visual-studio-2013-wont-load-past-splash-screen Could you fix this issue?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Software
9/24/2017
Software technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

no additional offer please.
I do have teamviewer.
Are you online?
Justanswer customer service said it's okay to decline additional offer.
62;Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?
As is convenient to you.

Id be willing to conduct a remote session at half the normal price, this is a tough issue and id prefer not to handle it via written support.

Ive sent that offer, let me know if its agreeable.

Dustin S

I'm sorry. I cannot accept any additional offer. If happy, of course, I will give you 5-star rating and post more questions for you as I am allowed post unlimited questions.

Lets do this, download and install this free program.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html

Once downloaded and installed, open and run the revo uninstaller program. Inside of it locate Visual studio express 2013, double click it and then click advanced.. It should now uninstaller it. When it finds left over files, select all and delete all.. When all are removed, look for visual studio express 2012, if you have 2012 uninstall it as well then restart the computer and then reinstall visual studio express 2013. from this link http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/2/E/72E0F986-D247-4289-B9DC-C4FB07374894/wdexpress_full.exe

If you get stuck or run into any issues let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Try updating .net using the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55170

Once updated, restart the computer and then test Visual Studio. Any change?

For good measure, lets run hitman pro, if it finds anything have it remove it.

https://www.hitmanpro.com/en-us/hmp.aspx

Next, lest run this command

Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).

In the command prompt copy and paste this command.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and then hit enter. After the command is entered you will see a percentage indicator, when it hits 100% the repair is complete. After both of the above, restart the computer.

Then, try visual studio express again. Let me know if there is any change.

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,
Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P

Im going to opt out and allow someone else to try and assist you with this.

You will be notified by email when someone picks this up.

Thank you for your patience,

Dustin S

Why opt out? I think you are experienced. Let me help you help me.
You can google "Microsoft visual studio express 2013 for windows desktop has stopped working" to find what others have found.
If I install Visual Studio Express 2015 for Windows Desktop, is it better? Does this Express 2015 include everything that Express 2013
I can download Visual Studio Express 2015 for Windows Desktop directly from Microsoft website.
Visual Studio Express for Windows Desktop, available at no charge, lets you take full advantage of a variety of programming languages including C#, Visual Basic, and C++.
Visual Studio Express Editions do not allow users to use extensions, while with Community Edition you have access to over 5000 plugins from the Visual Studio Gallery. With Visual Studio Community Edition, you can develop projects targeting cross-platforms.
Express editions of Visual Studio do not support Add-Ins.
I have successfully installed Visual Studio Community 2017, which creates executables (EXE files) for Visual Basic..
Please close this question.