Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Just got new computer and can't get word to download. need…

Customer Question
Just got new computer...

Just got new computer and can't get word to download. need password ***** securitycode

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

Hp laptop, 2016

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Software
9/22/2017
Software technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 11 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

What is asking you for a password ***** code?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

microsoft

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

no

Okay, let me ask the question again. "What" is asking for the code? I asked that question earlier and you said that "Microsoft" was asking for it. May I ask that means?

no just give me the code
Software technician: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i will try to assist you today.

When you say it is asking for a code, this can be many things.

First, what windows version are you on? 7/8/10?

How did you install word? Did you use a paid version from online?

Free version? If so, what site?

Did you buy word and install it from a cd and now it is asking you to put the code in after download?

Are you just trying to use it and it was already built in on your pc and asking for activation?

Please advise so we know where you are and 'what' is asking for a code through the steps you took.