Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My password is not working. 2 yrs ago. Asus ul50Aseries

Customer Question
My password ***** *****...

My password ***** ***** working.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

2 yrs ago

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Asus ul50Aseries win7premium

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Asus? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased 7yts ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Pressing f8

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
9/22/2017
Software technician: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thank you

1. Please start your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.

2. Use the arrow keys to highlight the "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and press "Enter." Your computer will start in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

Select the Administrator account that appears in the screen, then enter command prompt.Type the commands for bypassing Windows 7 passwords: "net user Mosoh 123456" and enter, it will show you a message that the command completed successfully. Restart your computer, then you'll pimp out Windows command prompt and log in Mosoh with the password ***** You can also go to Control Panel to change your account password ***** necessary.

This is the simplest way we can try to change your password ***** a disk.

If this doesnt work, we may be able try one more method before we have to move on to a disk option.

https://www.lostwindowspassword.com/reset-windows-7-password-from-command-prompt.html

Please send results of these steps when you are finished to continue:

Did you have a chance to try this first method to test success?

i. It did not work. After typing the commands it says.
More help is available by typing net user 2221
I typed that and it states the user name could not be found

Can you tell me the exact day this happened?

Today

Reboot the pc, press F9 as soon as you see the Asus logo.

You may have to try more than once to get any of the above to work. Its timing.

Use the keyboard arrow keys to select Safe Mode. Then launch System Restore

We want to try to find a previous restore point before today. You can also try F8 to get

to this menu as well.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/252927/restore_your_system_when_you_cant_launch_system_restore.html

If you cannot get to it, lets try cmd to get to a restore point if any are available. After this, we will need

a windows disk if not successful. We are only restoring if you remember your password. Putting it back before

this happened will take your pc back to a time when your password ***** so you must know your password *****

do these steps and log in successfully after.

https://www.pcrisk.com/computer-technician-blog/general-information/7020-how-to-do-a-system-restore-using-command-prompt

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist