Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager
Experience:  IT Manager at Wood Group PSN
94743361

Notification center says I have 1 message but center does

Notification center says I have 1 message but center does not open, also tablet mode is not available
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your tablet computer?
Customer: HP Pavilion, touch screen running win 10 home
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: happened after a recent update?
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: need the winning number to any LOTTERY
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Kris Rodgers, IT Manager
Experience: IT Manager at Wood Group PSN
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Since last update I think?
I have done the following with not change
Method 1: Run the SFC.System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.Follow the below steps:Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit Enter.After the scan, restart the computer.
Now check for the issue.Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.If the issue persists, I would have you run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.Hope it helps. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.Did this resolve your issue?
MO
Moondoggy_451 replied on
It seems to me that running SFC and DISM are the first things that get recommended on almost any problem. That being said, SFC reported that Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. After running DISM it reported that No component store corruption detected which is what I expected since my PC was just upgraded to the Anniversary edition last week. Please not that the problem I'm having with the notification is not related to the upgrade to the Anniversary upgrade as I was having this issue where the notifications stop working and then start again since I did a clean install of Windows on this PC. In addition, after the upgrade to the Anniversary edition, notification of emails in my inbox were initially present but currently I'm receiving no notifications of any emails.Did this resolve your issue?
MO
Moondoggy_451 replied onI'm going to update this posting to see if I can get any more response to the problem.Here's what I've done or checked out so far:I have run SFC and DISM and neither showed a problem with the OS or OS files.I read that if there was a problem with the mail app that you should reset the app which I did. I then double checked the mail app and verified that notifications were set to the ON position. After everything was reset and I restarted my system I saw no change in the notifications for mail.Someone suggested that for mail notifications to be displayed that the mail app needed to run in the background to send notifications and to remain up to date so I drilled down into Settings/Privacy/Background Apps and found that mail was listed as an app that runs in the background and the switch to turn the app on and off was properly set to the ON position.Someone else suggested that to get notifications an app also had to be listed in Settings/System/Notifications & Actions. I checked this list and currently Mail is not on that list however I don't know if this is normal behavior for that app not to appear or not and I did not see a method of adding mail to the list.I want to mention something else just to make sure that whomever reading this has a complete picture of my situation. In reality I don't use the Mail app that's available in Windows 10 to read and write email messages. Instead I use the Outlook 2010 email app as my email client as I have a number of setting that the Mail client simply cannot be configured for. I have the Mail client in Windows 10 setup specifically so that I get notifications of emails being available on the email server that I use as I don't have Outlook 2010 open all the time. Having the Mail application watching for new mail being added to my inbox allows me to quickly view the subject header and the sender to determine if there is anything important that I need to read immediately. Now I'm assuming that running these two applications on the same PC is not an issue but I wanted that fact to be known.My gut feeling is that there is something somewhere in the system, perhaps a registry key or value that keeps getting flipped from an on position to off and then perhaps some patch from Microsoft turns that value back on for a while until some event turns it back off again. Bot***** *****ne is that this behavior is very frustrating as it's inconsistent.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.Did this resolve your issue?
MO
Moondoggy_451 replied on
A:OK, I wanted to update this posting as I finally have notifications appearing in the Action Center.Apparently, my problems were all related to configuration and setup not a specific problem with my system or the Mail application however I did uninstall and reinstall the mail application during this process so it's hard

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
729(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'D 729 542 606
Pw 3551

Connected

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Downloading teamviewer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wants partners id

GO into the test account and give me the id and password ***** the test account please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Teamviewer is not running in test

Is it in the start menu?

Can you redownload

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Downloading now

ok thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wants a partner id

Open it and close it, i need your id

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I open team viewer want partner id
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Teamviewer doesn't show in apps, as a matter of fact, nothing shows

Can I call you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Use(###) ###-####

Calling

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Faxing finished, call now

Tomorrow ok?

I tried twice

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
had to help grandson with his math assignment. He faxed his work and I checked it.
Can not get teamviewer to run in test account.
Clicking on start, there are no apps shown
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will contact tomorrow.

Ok great

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I won't be available until after 1700 hrs

What timezone is this?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Eastern daylight time. I wouldn't be ablessing to work on this until Sunday. Full commitments.
BTW, teamviewer in the Test account is asking for partners ID., the .exe files are attempting to open ms store

I'm in no rush and sunday would work for me

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Available now to continue.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Have teamviewer available with ID. And pw
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Waiting

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts here. It looks like you're looking for help now, would you like me to help you with your issue?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Not tonight, what happen to kris rogers?
I really don't want to start over.

Kris is still here, I just saw that you said you were waiting and so it looked like you were looking for someone to help you sooner, I'll let you wait for Kris to respond! :)

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Still waiting
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I guess anyone can help.
Logged in, waiting.
ID.###-##-####PW 9367
Teamviewer