Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have a Microsoft Word document with Visual Basic code to

I have a Microsoft Word document with Visual Basic code to perform a function, saved as a .docm file. With Office Professional 2013 on my old computer the file works. I installed Office Professional 2013 on my new computer (new license code and installed with all defaults) and when I open the .docm file the Visual Basic code has not loaded with the document. I put the Word document on a shared network drive. From my old pc the Visual Basic code loads with the document. When I open the same document on my new computer the Visual Basic Code does not load with the document. There must be a setting within Word that is preventing the Visual Basic code from loading but I can't find it. Does anyone know how to configure Word so it will load my Visual Basic code with a .docm file?

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you today.

Are you getting any error or warning when opening the docm file? Also, did you open the Visual Basic editor on the docm file and you did not see your VBA codes there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No error message. Yes, when I open the Visual Basic editor on the docm file the VBA code is not shown.

Thank you for that information. Are you able to open the SAME file from the SAME location using the other computer without any problem? I just want to confirm if the docm file you are trying to open still has the macro / VBA code in it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you are correct.

Let us test first if the file is the problem, or if it is Word. Please try to open a blank document, add a dummy VBA code, save it as a docm, close the file. Then try opening it again, see if your code is still there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have not had favorable experiences with "Securely connect", but if you are confident that you can find my "Answer" I am willing to give it one more try.

We can do the remote connection later when necessary. But please try the procedures I gave you first, to see if the docm file created by that Word program retains its vba code or not, just to test if the problem is with the file or with Word itself.

Also, you can send the formal request for Secure Remote assistance so that I can accept it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, I will give it a try.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I created a test docm file using my new pc, added some VB code, saved it, closed Word, opened the file again and the code was there.

I believe the problem is with Word settings. If the SAME file is opened in another computer with VBA code intact, then the file should be intact.

I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.

Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.
For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=2bbbdb60-a956-48bc-bbeb-4ec4fe62f8c3

Best regards,
Jess

Thank you for your patience. All issues were resolved through Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Excellent work!