Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My Facebook account has been hacked. Can you help? Not to my…

Customer Question
My Facebook account has...

My Facebook account has been hacked. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not to my knowledge

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I went through all the Facebook account recovery steps and it looks like the hackers are many steps ahead of me. Everything has been changed. I got emails from Facebook notifying me of this but I was too late.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
9/21/2017
Software technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

You mentioned that you believe the hackers are one step ahead of you -- Why do you think that?

Because I followed all the steps recommended by Facebook to secure my account/ recover control, and nothing worked. They changed both my password ***** phone #, and even trusted Friends are no longer correct when you type them in.
Connecting to my device will not help. I need a solution of how to regain control of a hacked Facebook account.

It is certainly possible that they changed your information although I have never heard of the hacker change your friends as well (deleting them) which means it could be someone that you know personally. Unfortunately, you will need to go back through the recovery steps again and use one of them to recover because there isn't a way around their system. At some point, there should be an option to upload a driver license.

Totally useless advice, Josh. I demand a refund.

Sure, you can call our customer service at 1-***-***-****

Software technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 8 months ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Hi there

I have been asked by the moderator that you wish for another expert.

Is this the case or you still want the refund?

Please let me know

Hi, what I told the moderator was that I need a solution to the fact someone has hacked and taken control of my FB account. I don't need general pointers - I need a specific way to solve this (the Moderator was certain this could be done). Is this something you can help with?

To clarify, you are not able to reset the password ***** the recovery methods do not work, and in addition the trusted friends is not functioning for you. You did all this via

https://www.facebook.com/login/identify

Is this correct?

That is correct. The hackers must have altered the trusted friends once they got in, so nothing is working.

Thanks

The issue then is there is no way to regain access to your account.

The only options are the automatied tools available on the link I gave you. I understand it is frustrating, but facebook offer no live support, or any direct help, only the tools I highlighted in my last message to you.

If these have failed your only option will be to create a new account sorry.

You will not be able to recover this one

It is always an issue you have with these free services.

Richard, Software Specialist