Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

Have a software called Storagecraft. backs up the computer

every hour. Indicates it's doing...
Have a software called Storagecraft. backs up the computer every hour. Indicates it's doing it but says it's manual backup but doesn't say to "where". Had a 3 tb external drive hooked up, and wanted something that was external as well. Storagecraft was supposedly backing up to their cloud from my external bkup drive, but says the software backups do occur every hour, but they don't know to where? As far as I know, there are no other backup drives in my inhouse network. Want to know "to where are these backups being backed up? Only reason I got the Storagecraft was to have an offsite backup.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2017
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Have you tried to manage your backup using the Storagecraft system installed on your computer and online?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Using windows 7 on a dsktop. Storagecraft system says its backing up as planned, (says Manual backup) but doesn't say where that is. As I understand it the Storagecraft was eventually supposed to backup to a cloud, so I had at least 1 offsite backup. But Storagecraft says they don't have a cloud and the software is just making a backup of using some place designated by the network. But I don't have anyone doing any backup via the "network", which is just 4 home laptops. I don't see that my external*****is even plugged into the computer, yet the software states successful backups have been and are being done every hour. The mystery is "to where"?
You still with me?

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen? With remote access, I can directly check the backup software you paid for so that I can maximize its usage for you.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Have responded by clicking "securely connect" about 6 times last night and several times today, but it apparently does not work.

Thank you for writing back. I just sent you the formal offer for Secure Remote Assistance. Please accept it so that we can start the remote session.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
can we connect via phone to discuss the intracies of the problem as you attempt to solve?

Thank you for accepting my offer for Secure Remote Assistance. Unfortunately, I do not provide phone support, only remote access support. But we can chat right there on your computer.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3c50c090-61ea-446b-af54-b901d530f94c

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist