Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have google home at my condol I am trying to set one of…

I have google home...

I have google home at my condol I am trying to set one of the google home units up at my office please assist

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Apple and iPhone 7, I have the app on 7

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

9/18/2017
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

What seems to be the issue with your Google Home?

John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer
I have the google home app set up on my phone.I have the condo as the place that 1 of my 3 google home units is being used.
I want to add my office for 1 of the google home units

Have you run through the setup process?

are you there
I thought I did
Please give me the steps

One moment, I will type them out

1. Plug in the Google Home you wish to set up
  2. Open the Google Home app on your Phone
  3. Tap on setup in the upper right corner
  4. Follow the steps to set up your new Home
I am tapping edit
tapping home
it takes me to select an accessory to add to home
the iPhone is not finding the google home unit
my accessory is connected to the condo. How do I reset the accessory to allow it to be found at the office.

If you go into the settings on your iPhone, is there a WiFi network named "GoogleHome...." ?

Connect to that network and then return to the Google Home app please

under WI-FI there is only my Big Shots wifi and other business around here.
I do not see a google home wifi named google home
There is a Bedroom home
this device came out the the Bedroom
I connected to it

Oh so you are not freshly setting this home up, you moved it from your home to your business then?

I am baCK on the app
I moved it from the 2nd bedroom to the office. it is not fresh.
it was being used at the condo

I see now. In the app, tap on "Devices" in the top right corner. It resembles a TV and a speaker

I have not found "devices"
it says edit
then it takes me to the middle of the app "accessory"
I am under OFFICEright hand corner says edit
I have not seen devices yet

Are you sure you are using the Google Home app? The app you describe does not sound like it is the same

I have found the google home app,
it is nor allowing me to updatethis is frustrating as hell

In the Google home app do you see the devices icon in the top right corner?

WHEN I GO TO APPS
SELECT GOOGLE HOME
TAP UPDATES
THE CIRCLE JUST KEEPS GOING ROUND AND ROUND
THEN IT GOES BACK TO THE UPDATE TAB AND I SELECT IT AGAIN AND IT JUST GOES IN CIRLCES
IM ON THE CORRECT APP NOW.
LETS FINALIZE

Do you see the Devices icon in the top right corner?

I AM GOING THRU THE STEPS
IT NOW SAYSTHIS GOOGLE HOME IS LINKED TO A DIFFERENT GOOGLE ACCOUNT. IF YOU'D LIKE TO LINK GOOGL HOME TO YOUR ACCOUNT YOU WILL NEED TO PERFOM A FACTORY RESET BY HOLDING THE MICROPHONE DONE.
IM DOING THIS NOW

Okay, please let me know

I ASK GOOGLE TO DO SOMETHING IT NOW ASK ME TO LOG INTO THE GOOGLE HOME APP

On the home app are you logged into your google account?

IT IS GOING THRUTEACH THE ASSISTANT TO RECOGNIZE YOUR MY VOICE

It should now ask you to say "Okay Google" a few times

GOT ITTHANKS JOHN

No problem, have a great day!