Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

How do I take down a facebook page that has my info but was…

How do I take down...
How do I take down a facebook page that has my info but was not put up by me?
9/18/2017
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

I am a Pastor and someone who left our church in a very bad way had put up a link to info that has our Church name attached to it, but is not authorized by us. Can you help?

Heres what you have to do, you need to report the account as an impostor account. This link will guide you through that process.

https://www.facebook.com/help/167722253287296

It may take some time for facebook to shut the account down. It would help if some of your friends and family reported the account too.

If you get stuck or run into any issues let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

I am not sure it is an account, can you tell me what it is? go to in google, "trinityassemblyofgodchurchmamaroneck-homefacebook"

Is this the specific page in question?

https://www.facebook.com/Trinity-Church-Assembly-of-God-672605396159304/

Are you the pastor of that Church? And if so, does your church have another actual facebook page?

If you dont, you can still report that page the same way you would a personal page, but without another official facebook page for the church, facebook is unlikely to see that as an impostor page.

If your church already has a facebook page, then by all means click the three dots on the page you and I are discussing, and report the page as an impostor page. If the page isnt active and facebook deems your main Church facebook page to be the active and current ( real ) page, then t hey will shut down the impostor page.

Dustin S.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
I am the New Pastor, the previous Pastor has passed away. We took down the churches website and have not created a new one yet. This is the facebook page for the Church, we do not know the user Id or password, it was created by someone who has left the Church. How should we proceed?
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist