Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I was trying to download a renewal and it got as far as

Customer Question
I was trying to...

I was trying to download a renewal and it got as far as removing old McAfee and stalled

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Hp laptop

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not until this morning and it didn't work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Whatever they need

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Software
9/17/2017
Software technician: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 ?

Whre did you get the renewal link?

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support?

Thank you for your response,
~Franklin

I tried to accept your request for a secure remote connection ( screen sharing ) and it said payment failed. This sometimes happens if your bank or credit card company blocks the transaction and a quick call to them will usually lift the block

For further information you can call our customer service department.

1.***-***-****

This is normal. I can wait here or continue written. A quick call to customer service/cc comp. will clear it up. Its standard.