Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I just bought the elements 15 dvd and I keep getting the…

Customer Question
I just bought the...

I just bought the elements 15 dvd and I keep getting the message failure to initialize.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

MacBook Pro with Sierra

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No, the computer is new but I did try the PSE free trial on line

Technician's Assistant: After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like.

How can I initialize ?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

How much does it cost to talk to the expert?

Technician's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Software Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

So what do you think the time will be for the initializing problem?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Software
9/16/2017
Software technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 9 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I just bought the box today and tried about 5 or 6 times

Can you take a screenshot of it please and send it over?

Thanks

kris

that would be a total of $90 for help! I can't afford it

Can you give me a screenshot of it please?

Thanks

Kris

The remote assistance is optional.. you do not have to use it

snapshot of the failure to initialize? That's all it says plus contact a initialzer assistant

Does it give you the return code with it?

not on what popped up on my screen. The box has a redemption code
how can I send you the screen shot?
  1. Press Shift-Command-4. ...
  2. Move the crosshair to where you want to start the screenshot, then drag to select an area. ...
  3. When you've selected the area you want, release your mouse or trackpad button. ...
  4. Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.
I did that

You will be able to attach it to the right

ok, see you got it

Ok got it, does the adviser give any idea? This is usually relating to anti-virus but not always

I can't talk to an adviser, just look at answers on a forum and they all relate to downloads from the net

I mean did you run the adviser tool it links to you on the error?

what advisor tool?
the link on the screenshot only gets me all sorts of forums. I can't get a live person

On the error it tells you to run the advisor tool, the link below, do you see it?

the link in blue? It just gets me to where I told you, forums...no advisor

Can you give me the link please and paste it in here?

ok https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html#/top_products

Not sure about this one so I am going to opt out for another expert to have a look

Are you there?