Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Trying to boot computer & getting error message to insert…

Customer Question
Trying to boot computer...

Trying to boot computer & getting error message to insert boot disk and it's making a clicking noise

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?

I was playing solitaire & screenn cut out and tried to restart and got the message no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Software technician: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. How old is your computer?

At least 7+ yrs
Ok so what can I do to fix this?
Any suggestions?
I have put in current credit card information
Software technician: Eric S,
 replied 11 months ago
Eric S

Hi this is Eric Certified computer and Network Tech. I understand that you are having issues with you computer not booting back up? I wanted to see if I could assist

Software technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Is your computer still experiencing the issue?

Software technician: flopcat98, Consultant replied 10 months ago
flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant

Are you still looking for help with this?

You need a new hard drive

the clicking sound is the read head on the hard drive not being able to read the drive

probably something physical is broken in it and it actually can not move across the disk in the hard drive that is what the clicking is. it slipping off a gear

in any case it cant be repaired and you would need a new hard drive.