Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

In newspaper today, article said US GOVERNMENT will not be…

Customer Question
In newspaper today, article...

In newspaper today, article said US GOVERNMENT will not be using Kaspersky virus ware and quoted Best Buy saying they will no longer sell it. I have a Mac from Best Buy, desk top and I am old and not a geek. Should I call for appointment (I pay for help from Geek Squad and Kaspersky every July for a year but when I call because I have a Mac, I usually have to have local Fort Wayne, IN geek come from Best Buy) so what should I do since I have Kaspersky and paid for it?? Will you be taking that off my computer and sending Geek tech to house to load a different virus ware? I need the virus ware in today's world and am not a geek and so I cannot do it and have a hearing challenge so talking to you all on the phone is a BIG challenge plus I am not techie or geeky at all. I am an artist. So please let me know and if you call, call the landline on(###) ###-####and my husband will answer. Thank you for your help. I am worried about virus protection.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

I don't even know. It is two year's old and I bought at Best Buy and should be in your computer. Sheila Hamilton-Taylor ***** Fort Wayne, IN 46845 (###) ###-#### I will now look in folder I have on the pc and tell you. Wait a minute - I bought in 2013 and receipt says IMAC 21 5"Intel CoreMicrosoft bundle of software GKSVCS Bndl EX Does this help?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No I never do. I call and make appt and have Geek Mac guy come to the house. I am afraid I will screw up - not a techie. When he was here a few months ago - should be record in computer - he installed software and always checks Kaspersky, cleans up my computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just wonder about Kaspersky and what will happen or what you all have been directed to do about the article in newspaper today. I was scared you would remove it and I would have no protection. Plus like I said whenever I call for help the geeks in the sky can't do anything and I am directed to make an appt and pay for a one hour house call to my house since I have a Mac.

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technicians require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

Oh I know because I actually pay every year and just did in July to have geek help over phone.But if she or he tell me to do stuff on computer, I am just not so comfortable and do not have geek skills like all of you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Software
9/15/2017
Software technician: Cory, Computer Support Technician replied 11 months ago
Cory
Cory, Computer Support Technician

Welcome, I am Cory. Thank you for using Justanswer.

I have a free solution for you that is better than Kaspersky.

Would you like to connect remotely and fix this?

I already paid $99 for Geek Squad to help me over the phone remotely for a year and for Kkapersky so are they going to refund me what I am being asked to pay you??? Usually when I called they told me I had to have local Geek guy come to house and pay $50 for an hour because I have a MAC desk top. I am not a geek and do not know how to do anything to update, change or add stuff. So you are saying you will do this from there but I already supposedly paid something and now I pay another $39? I AM ALL FOR YOU DOING TYHIS REMOTELY BUT IS THE VIRUS SCAN SOFTWARE YOU WILL PUT ON TO REPLACE KAPERSKY AS GOOD???
WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO - CALL BACK AND SET UP APPT FOR LOCAL GEEK TO COME TO HOUSE FOR $50 an hour and take off Kaspersky and replace with some other software? Wondering.
Or could you set that up for him to come this coming week??

I can fix it for you. I just need you to verify the payment information so I can connect remotely.

No, I am fed up dinking around with this and now my bank send a fraud alert so I am wondering - have you withdrawn the two charges one for $37 and one for $42? I am just totally scared and fed up. I will call Geek no for Tech to come to the house and fix the kapersky stuff and change it. So I WILL NOT BE UPDATING CREDIT CARD INFO EVER.
get me out of all these pages and delete the card info. I am done and scared.