Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I had an Avast subscription on my laptop but the laptop died…

Customer Question
I had an Avast...

I had an Avast subscription on my laptop but the laptop died about 10 days ago. Does my subscription carry over to the laptop I am currently using - it is borrowed.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?

The borrowed laptop is an hp. The model number underneath is very hard to read but it's 1S-afl27AU or IS-afl27AU. Not sure about the afl bit either as the lettering is so small. Operating system is Windows 8.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes (not from Avast, just general operating updates).

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so. I'm not very good at any of this, sorry.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Do you intend to use your Avast subscription in this borrowed laptop?

If yes, are you still able to access your Avast account?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Hello Jess
Yes, I would like to use my Avast subscription on this borrowed laptop BUT how do I access my Avast account?
Hello again Jess
I think at that cost, I'll wait until I have bought a new laptop, which I am due to do in a few weeks. Many thanks for your help.

Thank you for writing back with that information. If you want, we can do the remote access, I will show you how it is done, so that when you have your new laptop, you can do it on your own.

I appreciate your offer Jess but I'll address the problem once I have my new laptop.Kind regards

Ok, I understand that. We can resume with this then while you are on the new laptop. Just reply to me here any time you have the new laptop with you so that we can address your subscription issues with Avast.

Many thanks.

You're welcome.