Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

When I try to use, Sorry. In text and image edit mode I have…

Customer Question
Hi, When I try...

Hi, When I try to use

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Sorry.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

In text and image edit mode I have the following error message Acrobat.exe – Entry Point Not FoundThe procedure entry point
[email protected]@[email protected]@SAXXZ
could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program files
(x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\plug_ins\Spelling.api.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to know how to eliminate that Adobe edit mode problem I just told you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
9/15/2017
Software technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 8 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

This has been happening for about 2 months (do not remember for sure).
Thanks
Anatolii
I'm not at home at the time being. So, no secure connection is possible.

Ok would you like to resume this when you're home or?

No, I would not like. Sorry, but I do not allow any external intervention in my computer.

OK we can continue here without the remote If you wish?

I wish. Please, continue without the remote. First, I need is to get clear answer to my question.

Okay the first step is to repair adobe and the error should clear.

Would you be able to start this?

I am able to start this.

Do you know how?

you are an expert, you should guide me through the repair process, shouldn't you?
Do you mean that I have to launch my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and then select Help/Repair Installation?

Yes but you said you are able to do it..

I have no issue helping you.

I did it several times. This did not help. The problem persists.

Can you remove it and reinstall to it signs the DLL's

I did this several times as well. Didn't help.

Okay so we need to run process monitor.

https://live.sysinternals.com

Can you install ProcessMonitor.exe

Before doing something we have to imagine, at least, possible causes of a problem we are going to fix.
Can you imagine what are the possible causes of problem in my case?

Adobe is looking for a shared link library that's built into windows, but it can't find it. That's the issue/

we need to find what Adobe is looking for and put it into that library. Do you agree?

Yes, that's what process monitor will tell us. As you are not opting for remote assistance this will not be easy, but it's your decision.

But Adobe has already reported what it is looking for.

I am going to opt out of this for another expert to have a look.

I will no longer receive your messages, once they pick this up you will be emailed.

Have a wonderful day

Kris

Thanks. Take care
Software technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Hi, Justin!I have managed to fix the issue. It turned out there exist a very simple way to do that. If you want I'll share it with you the.
Guess, it is not a universal method but, nevertheless, it should be instructive to know it.
Dustin, I am very sorry about misspelling your name; this happened because I typed very quickly, so I beg your pardon.

No worries, typos happen.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

DUstin S

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist