Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I had a macro command set up using WPx5. The computer on…

Customer Question
I had a macro...

I had a macro command set up using WPx5. The computer on which that command was located is now gone south. I would like to set up a simple command to change font color, and assign that macro to a key stroke such as alt r, (change font color to red). I'm now using WPx7. Where do I look for instructions on writing such a macro?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I am using Window 10 on an HP laptop

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Software
9/14/2017
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I am researching the best and most concise answer to your question - and your question has been so well-stated that I don't think I will need to ask for further details. Expect another posting within about 10 minutes, I hope...

To record the macro that you want, first of all:

1 Open a New (blank) document. Otherwise you may reformat the document you are currently editing.

Then, click - Tools

- Macro

- Record.
2 Choose the drive and folder where you want to save the macro.
3 Type a filename for the macro in the Filename box. (maybe the name 'CTRLR' ?)
4 Click Save.
5 Perform the action: setting the font color to Red.
6 Click - Tools

- Macro

- Stop.
Let me know whether that performs the function you want it to perform, please.

Thanks Russel:
I had gotten that far on my own. However, I would like to assign the macro (play) to key(s) on my keyboard, so if I were to presss cttrl+"r", it would play the makro.
I cannot pursue it now, because I have an appointment in 20 minutes, and it will take 15 minutes to get there. Is it possible to reach you in the morning?

Have you saved a .WCM file named CTRLR.WCM ? for a Ctrl-R macro?

If so, in what folder did you save it? the default that came up when you went to save the macro?

If you need a Secure Remote session for help, I have started one, and you can initiate your side of it by going to this link and downloading and running the Elsinore Remote app:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d6791036-cb06-4e16-bbd5-0876e2e338a6

I'd like to help if I can, if the problem is not already solved.

(Payment for that Secure Remote service has failed owing to some billing records or credit card issue... please contact Customer Support at JustAnswer through the following about it:

They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

or phone at 1-***-***-**** (which # is available 6am to 9pm PST.)

Thanks.)

Next morning is fine... anytime after 11:15 EDT zone time, will do.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated... Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help and advise you further as needed.)