Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I have been having some "issues" with my Dell desktop

I have been having some...
I have been having some "issues" with my Dell desktop computer. A company contacted me yesterday saying they were getting warnings of serious problems with my computer. They said they were in-Fusion Micro LLC and were allowed to work on Windows. I was not sure if I could trust them, but after eventually I agreed to let them have access to my computer. I have no problem with the results of their work, but I need some verification on who they are and can they be trusted? Do you know them?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's a Studio, purchased in 2009
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Microsoft periodically installs updates automatically. Yes, there have been some lately. I don't think I have updated any other software lately.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I'm just concerned that I have dealt with a company I don't know. I'm worried about letting a hacker into my system. Is this company legit?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Richard, Software Specialist

Hi there and welcome

These were scam companies that call people randomly to try to get access to your computer

There are a number of reasons they do this.

Did they ask you for payment?

I realize I should be careful, and I usually am.
Yes, they asked to be $200. They insisted on a bank draw. I am to approve it with my bank this morning.

Ok, do not do this, it is a scam from them, and there is nothing being done to your computer by them, they invent issues on your computer and ask you to pay this money, it is how they make their income.

Do not pay them and do not allow them access to your computer again.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

This answer is very helpful. Thank you.

you are welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and please remember to click a star at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Software Specialist
Richard, Software Specialist