Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

We can not hear the other party (very faint). Also, we do

Customer Question

We can not hear the other party (very faint). Also, we do not get the ring tone to let us know someone is calling. We just get a "ping" sound
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: windows 7 from Dell. Desktop. Our speakers work for everything else but Skype.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. When you did the test call in Skype, was it working?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the sound is now o.k. We found a loose connection. However, Skype still does not ring but just "pings" when there is a call. If we are not close to the computer we do not hear the pinging. We have gone thru' all the items on our Skype & Dell also checked everything. It is something Skype has changed when we did an upgrade. The message we get is "sound playback error".
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess