Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I purchased QuarkXpress 7 (with an upgraded to 7.5) from…

Customer Question
I purchased QuarkXpress 7...

I purchased QuarkXpress 7 (with an upgraded to 7.5) from Amazon about a month ago. But I've been told this is not compatible with my Windows system that I recently purchased. The system is an HP Prodesk with an intel core I5 7th gen. Is this true

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

It's an HP Prodesk with intel core I5 7th generation

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that I'm aware of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a charge for this service

Technician's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Computer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

OK go ahead

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/11/2017
Software technician: Kraig, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and good morning.

QuarkXpress is a very powerful program. Just like any other program, certain versions of it run on specific versions of operating systems. QuarkXpress is designed to work on both Mac and Windows systems. You have a Windows-operated system, but the system architecture (x64 or x86) is what ultimately dictates whether the version you purchase will work on your system. So, the answer to your question depends on the type of architecture that your system uses. The HP Prodesk with Intel I5 processor uses the 64-bit (x64) architecture. This type of system is NOT compatible with any version of QuarkXpress 7. For more information and confirmation on the compatibility between QuarkXpress and Windows, please click here and scroll all the way down to the "Platform support" heading.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Please remember to select on 3, 4, or 5 stars and click on Submit so that I can be compensated for assisting you.

Have a wonderful day.