syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified, Linux, 20 years experience
13852270

Why can't i comment on aol stories? I can enter screen name,

Customer Question

Why can't i comment on aol stories? I can enter screen name, but don't even get a cursor bar in the comment block.
JA: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Mac Sierra 10.12.6 about 5 years old This just started a week or so ago.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: reset settings 2 or 3 times, removed Chrome and reloaded, still no change
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

My name is David.

Since you have already tried resetting and reinstalling the web browser, it is possible that the issue is network related, especially if other devices on your network cannot connect to the same website. So first I recommend clearing any memory errors from the router/modem that provides your Internet access. To do this power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance?