Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

In Chrome browser, when I open it lot of news pages opens…

Customer Question
in Chrome browser, when I...
in Chrome browser, when I open it lot of news pages opens automatically. its very annoying how to remove them permanently? or turn it off?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
9/8/2017
Software technician: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This is an indication of adware, malware, extensions in your chrome etc.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

windows 7 professional 64 bit

Ok, first go here and download hitmanpro. Install and run it. *use free version*

After it runs, it will show you what is on your pc and remove it if it is a known virus/adware/mal etc.

https://www.hitmanpro.com/en-us/hmp.aspx

Reboot the pc.

Then, in your chrome:

Google Chrome:

1. Click the menu icon "" at the top right of the browser window, choose "Tools" and choose "Extensions" to open a new "Options" tab.
  2. Uncheck "Enabled" to disable an extension, or click "Remove" to delete it completely.
  3. Enter "chrome://plugins/" in Chrome's address bar to view plugins that add compatibility and functionality, such as Apple QuickTime or Adobe Flash,
  4. Click the "Disable" link under the plugin you want to disable.

When done there, lastly,

Step 3: Reset your browser settings (all computers)

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  4. Under "Reset," click Reset.
  5. Confirm by clicking Reset.

You can follow this guide for these.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2765944?hl=en

Restart your browser and try again. This should resolve your issue.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Did you need any further help on this issue? Or have questions? If so, please reply. If not, please rate the five stars to close

out the issue.

Franklin

when I goto extensions I don't see that particular website from which I am getting popups from. So what should I do in this case?

If you are going to a website and they are giving you pop ups. You shouldnt go to that site if possible.

The only way to use that is disable popups in that browser if you want to keep using it.

What website is it?

well i think it is better to use "securely connect" option. i will do it little later. Thanks

Ok, i am leaving for 3 hours until 4pm EST. If you would like to do that, we can continue then or when you are ready.

Just send a reply when ready to go forward.

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin