Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I'm getting a pop-up screenb that is saying y computer, it's…

Customer Question
I'm getting a pop-up...

I'm getting a pop-up screenb that is saying y computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

It's a Gateway screen and a MKicrosoft 7program.....the message says Ihave a Zeus malware in the unit that needs to be dremoved.....I first noticed this pop-up screen about a week ago....how can I be sure that this isn't a scam to get me to pay dollars to "clean out" the malware?

Technician's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

OK

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

NO

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I've been getting calls on the telephone from somebody in India wanting to do the same ......"clean" my computer of viruses.....I've hung up on these calls.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Software
9/8/2017
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. What problems are you having on your computer besides the pop ups?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess: I haven't received any explanation re my computer and the pop-up screen telling me that there is malware that needs to be removed.....the only thing removed so far is my $5.00 and an indication that my charge account is being charged an additional $42.....what gives, Jess? If this is the best you can do, I DON'T NEED THAT SERVICE, and I will advise my credit-card company NOT TO PAY THIS BILL. Unless you do better than this, Jess, FORGET THE WHOLE THING!.

I am very sorry about the confusion. I have NOT provided any answer to your question yet since I needed more information as to what exactly is happening and what the problem is. That is why I asked a question (Info Request).

Also, regarding the fees, I have no control of that. I am only a tech here who helps customers who post their problem on our website. The 5 you mentioned was an initial deposit, but the actual cost of your question that I can see from my end is 47. So I believe it is 42 + the initial 5.

Also, if you are seeing offers there for Secure Remote Assistance, it has an extra fee of 39 but that is optional.

If you only intend to pay 5 for our service, I am very sorry but I believe that is not possible. All deposits are refundable and here is the link about refunding if you do not want to continue:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

If you want to continue, please let me know. I will be here to assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess