Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My computer was scammed yesterday. I have talked with Geek…

Customer Question
My computer was scammed...

My computer was scammed yesterday. I have talked with Geek Squad and now have the 24/7 support plan. I live in eastern Colorado, 100 miles from a Best Buy and he thought I would have to take it in. When I called them they thought it could be cleaned remotely instead of driving 100 miles and said to contact you.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Surface Pro 2, 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It happened yesterday afternoon. I contacted LifeLock and they had me unplug it and no internet until I could get someone to clean it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Software
9/7/2017
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. What happens when you turn on the computer and connect to the internet?
  2. Are you still able to operate the computer normally online? Remote assistance needs the computer to be connected to the internet and should be working.

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess