Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Recently I updated my aol desktop. The only way to get back

Customer Question

Recently I updated my aol desktop. The only way to get back into fb was to go through the process of a second fb account. Now it seems my old profile did not transfer over. I do not want 2 fb accounts. How do I correct this
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: Today. They are both mine but if theres anyway to transfer my old info to the new one I'd like to konw
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: As I said my aol desktop was changed today. Its the reason why I had to fill out form as if new
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

You cannot have 2 accounts as they will not merge and you cannot have two facebook accounts

at the same time or facebook will shut both down and ask you to prove your identity. Information

from one will not transfer to the other. Ever.

Before you close any of your accounts: Download the information you've added to the account you don't want to keep. If you manage any Pages or Groups, add the account you're keeping as an admin.

We can try to get back in your other account if you would like.

Please advise.