syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified, Linux, 20 years experience
13852270

I purchased your McAfee Internet Security (I year

Customer Question

I purchased your McAfee Internet Security (I year subscription) some time ago. My order #CS1901146648. Now I am being told, through a screen message) that I no longer have protection. HELP!
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Dell laptop
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't believe I have seen any notices to update.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you trying to renew your subscription?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't believe it has expired yet.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just want to know why the money I have already paid has not gotten me the update I paid for.
Expert:  Richard Freese replied 1 month ago.

Hello; So you are getting a message that you no longer have protection. This is a McAfee antivirus subscription. We are Just Answer. We do not sell subscriptions to that software. You paid Just Answer for support on the anti virus software which can be provided by McAfee. Was the $33.60 you paid us intended to pay for the McAfee software? Let me know and I will respond.

Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

My name is David.

If your subscription is still active then it is possible that the McAfee software is simply not able to retrieve updates due to a network issue. So next I would recommend that you clear possible errors in your network devices by powering down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need assistance?