Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

How do I "reset the password" on Windows 10 since I am

Customer Question
How do I "reset...

How do I "reset the password" on Windows 10 since I am unable to remember the origional sign on from the start menu

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

The windows 10 unit is new. I have only used it one time. However, I did not see a location to enter a sign on when I set it up the 1st time. I am using my Windows 7 until I can access the Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not on the Windows 10. I cant get past the 1st sign on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Software
9/6/2017
Software technician: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

On the sign on screen of your Windows 10 machine does it show a user name and an e-mail address?

I currently have my Windows 7 attached. I will have to turn this on off and move the cables to the Windows 10 box and restart it. However, I cant get past the sign on due to a lack of a password.

Thanks. These instructions will allow you to start fresh on the Windows 10 machine

Please print out these instructions:

While looking at the login screen, hold and keep down, the left Shift key.

Click the Power icon in the lower right corner of the screen (far right) and select Restart.

Release the Shift key when the Choose an Option screen appears.

click Troubleshoot

click Reset this PC

click Remove Everything

click Just Remove Files

install to the drive where Windows is installed, if asked.

Once Windows has been reloaded
(it takes an hour or so)
you'll create a new user account and have access to the machine again.

Let me know the result please.

I will print it out and try it, thanks. How do I reconnect to you again?.

You should have e-mail from JustANswer saying I responded to your question.

Open one of those and there will be a link to View Response and Reply.

When you click on that it will return you to this page.

Hi. I haven't heard back from you. Are you now back to using your Windows 10 machine?