syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified, Linux, 20 years experience
13852270

Using an Application with embedded Cyrstal Reports.. When

Customer Question

Using an Application with embedded Cyrstal Reports.. When user chooses to print 1 page from a multi-page report, the follow error occurs not matter what printer is selected: Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer, method CHS Dialog=PreTranslate IDispatch error #31840 Cannot find QE Property.. This is not being sent to a PDF and that is the only time I've seen QE property...stuck.. system wide issue
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: This is running on 2012r2 Remote Desktop Server..
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: The servers are patched regulary since they are under Hippa compliance.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is crystal XI embedded within GE Centricity EMR. However, the issue is specific to running the Crystal Report.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

My name is David.

To resolve the issue uninstall Windows Update KB3102429. To do this perform the following procedure:

Right click the Windows Start button, click Control Panel, then Programs and Features.

Click View Installed Updates.

Click on update KB3102429 and click Uninstall.

Reboot the computer.

Next,hide update KB3102429 so it does not reinstall by going back into the Control Panel, System and Security, Windows Update.

Click Check for Updates.

Click on the Important Update link.

Find and right click on KB3102429 and click Hide Update.

Click OK.

If you need assistance with any of the steps please let me know.

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't see this update on any of the servers.. The servers are all Windows 2012R2.. This was a windows 7 update.. Is it possible, it was in a roll-up?
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Yes, that is possible because after the update was removed from many systems it started reappearing on systems about mid-2016.

Another way to resolve the issue would be to download and install the following patch (assuming your Win 2012 R2 servers have the patch installed in a rollup):

click here

This patch was released by Microsoft to replace the one that breaks Crystal Reports.

Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need assistance?