Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

Does KeyTweak work with Windows 10? The reason I ask is

Does KeyTweak work with Windows...
Does KeyTweak work with Windows 10? The reason I ask is because I installed KeyTweak to remap the , on my number pad to a . but it didn't work. Can you help me out?
8/21/2017
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Enthusiast

Hey there! my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. If you do not wish to request one of those, then disregard them.
  • I am not credited for my assistance to you unless you rate my service before you leave. Please take just 2 seconds to rate at the top of this page before you exit :) If for any reason I have not provided you excellent service, please let me know before rating.
  • You are not rating your product, or this website. You are rating my service to you!

Good afternoon! I had the same problem with KeyTweak on Windows 10. It is supposedly supported on Windows 10, however I ran into many bugs with it. As of now, it is not working 100%. I would assume the developers will have a fix for it at some point, but until then I have been using Key Mapper, and on my wifes PC she uses SharpKeys.

I prefer Key Mapper as it has an awesome drag and drop UI, and the SharpKeys does not. So until they totally fix KeyTweak, I recommend one of those!

Please remember to rate my service before you leave today, and remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, please let me know before rating :)

Get KeyMapper

Get SharpKeys

AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Enthusiast
SharpKeys has a warning that it only works with certain operating systems and Windows 10 is not one of the ones listed, so I didn't try to use SharpKeys. KeyMapper shows that the , key on the number pad was remapped to a decimal point, but it's not working the way it should. I still get a comma when I hit that key. The funny thing is that it shows a decimal point on the keypad, so somewhere along the line the key was remapped before the machine was shipped. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get this key remapped?

Give me a little while to search into that specific issue for you, so I can give you a resolution to it :)

I went back to the SharpKeys download site and saw a review that it works on Windows 10, so I gave it a try. When I try to edit the number pad it shows that the keypad I want to change from a comma to the decimal point is already a decimal point.
FYI, this laptop was sold in Finland, so it has a Finnish keyboard.

" it shows that the keypad I want to change from a comma to the decimal point is already a decimal point"

I know this may sound funny, but try changing it to a comma, and see if that works...

I finally got it to work with SharpKeys. Thanks for the help! .............................................................................

That's great! I am glad it is working. I had never used a Finnish keyboard, so I was looking into that :)

AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Enthusiast