Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

I have two PCs with Windows 10 and the McFee software on

I have two PCs with Windows 10 and the McFee software on both. One comes up quickly and correctly while this machine "goes out to lunch" and the Task Manager indicates that the hard drive is being completely overrun with the McAfee Vulnerability Scanner. Is there some basic way to turn off the Scanner from just scheduling itself and have it run only when I haven't got important to do--like right now?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Dell desktop all-in-one.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Pardon my sarcasm but I've had experience with computers since 1959 and I haven't seen anything as poorly put together as Windows 10. Who the heck has a solid, thorough handle on what Microsoft and other service providers such as McAfee do their machines whether asked for permission or not. How do "ordinary people" put up with this horse-snot? When asked, I do request that software updates be installed. Maybe it's my advanced age but I don't recall how many updates I've done recently. There was one for Adobe that I recall but beyond that it's faded memories.
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No but I do wish you good luck Pearl.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

This particular problem can have one of many culprits. May I ask when this problem, which is related to the McAfee scanner, started?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It has been around for over a month and actually seems to be getting worse and maybe that's just my impatience with trying to get meaningful work done.

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 30 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com